Easiest Baked Halibut
Photo: Kelly Brisson
By Joanne Lusted
Hands-on Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 5-oz boneless, skin-on halibut fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Juice 1/2 lemon, divided
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pinch each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large nonstick baking dish, add halibut skin side down and drizzle with oil.
- Top with garlic, lemon zest and 2 tbsp juice and parsley, dividing evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until halibut flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice and serve.
Nutrients per serving (5-oz piece of baked halibut): Calories: 184, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 2 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 0.5 g, Protein: 30 g, Sodium: 138 mg, Cholesterol: 45 mg