Nutritional Bonus: One small spud offers 15% of your day’s recommended intake of vitamin B6. The water-soluble B vitamin is vital in the production of serotonin and melatonin, neurotransmitters that help regulate your sleep and mood.
If you enjoyed these Parmesan fries you'll love this recipe!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb Yukon gold or red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle evenly with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Toss to coat, then arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes, then flip and stir, and bake for 5 minutes more or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt and Parmesan. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries
- Calories: 156
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 162 mg