Quick Sweet Potato Fries
Photo: Nicole Hamaker
By Nicole Hamaker
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine rosemary and olive oil; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and remove any blemishes. Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Stacking 2 slices together, cut each into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, toss potato strips with rosemary mixture until evenly coated. Spread potatoes on a large parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping potatoes over halfway through baking time, until lightly browned. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and serve warm.
Nutrients per 4-oz serving (about 10 fries): Calories: 116, Total Fat: 3.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 20 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 174 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
This avocado pesto is a great dip for these sweet potato fries!
Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
Do you prefer ketchup to other sauces? We’ve got you covered with this clean, homemade version.