Chèvre & Herb-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Photo: Yvonne Duivenvoorden
By Jeanette Hurt
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 3 oz plain or pepper chèvre
- 3 tbsp plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 25 cherry tomatoes
- Place chèvre and yogurt in a food processor fitted with a standard blade. Chop for about 30 seconds or until creamy. Remove mixture from food processor and put into bowl to whisk in herbs.
- Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out pulp and seeds with a small spoon. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice a sliver (about 1/4 centimeter) off the bottom of each tomato half so that each stands up straight on a plate.
- Fill each tomato half with 1/2 tsp chèvre-herb mixture. It should overflow just a bit.
Nutrients per 5-filled tomatoes: Calories 35, Total Fat: 2 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 2 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 35 mg, Cholesterol: 5 mg