Check out bonus questions from our interview with Gabriele and Debi!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 5 cloves garlic, thickly sliced, divided
- 8 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Whole-wheat flour, as needed for dusting
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1/4 lb black Greek olives, pitted
- 1 lb jarred or boxed whole Pelati tomatoes (TIP: You can also substitute Roma tomatoes.)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- In a large bowl, add wine, bay leaves, rosemary and 2 cloves garlic. Immerse chicken in marinade, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large cast iron pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high. Remove chicken from bowl and set marinade aside; dust chicken with flour and transfer to pan. Brown chicken for 7 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice; remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepot, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high. Add remaining 3 cloves garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add anchovies and olives and sauté until anchovies are dissolved in oil, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and reserved marinade. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 1/2 hours, stirring often. Serve chicken with anchovy-tomato sauce, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 283
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 86 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 346 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1 g