“Cheesy” Roasted Cauliflower
Photo: Grace Dickinson
By Grace Dickinson
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large head of cauliflower (about 5 to 6 heaping cups)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Parsley, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets. In a medium bowl, combine nutritional yeast, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Pour oil into a small bowl. Lightly dip each floret into oil* and then dip into nutritional yeast mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet and repeat with each floret.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until browned. Serve and top with a handful of chopped parsley (if using).
*Cauliflower should be lightly coated in oil, not saturated, so avoid submerging it into the bowl.
Nutrients per serving (1/6 of roasted cauliflower): Calories: 143, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 9 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 7 g, Sodium: 33 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Grace Dickinson is a food blogger, photo enthusiast and recipe creator. These passions are brought together on FoodFitnessFreshAir.com, where she chronicles her experiments in the kitchen.