Chicken with Peanut Sauce & Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Yvonne Duivenvoorden
By Cara Lyons
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks (NOTE: Make sure to dice potatoes no larger than directed, as they should cook through in the same amount of time as the chicken.)
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, milk, vinegar, 2 tbsp cilantro, honey, lime juice, ginger, soy sauce, pepper flakes and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut 4 12 x 16-inch pieces of foil and mist with cooking spray. Divide green beans, potatoes and onion evenly into the center of each piece of foil. Divide chicken and peanut butter mixture between foil pieces, over top vegetables. Bring the short edges of the foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal.
- Place foil packets directly on the grill or on a large, rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Grill or bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. (NOTE: Carefully open a single packet to check, then reseal if needed.) Transfer contents of packets to serving bowls and garnish with additional cilantro.
Nutrients per packet (chicken with peanut sauce and veggies): Calories: 335, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 30 g, Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 33 g, Sodium: 169 mg, Cholesterol: 65 mg