Sirloin Steak with Horseradish Sour Cream
Photo: Maya Visnyei
By Nancy S. Hughes
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes (plus marinating time)
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tbsp safflower oil, plus additional as needed
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp sea salt, divided
- To a large resealable bag, add steak and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high and lightly brush grate or pan with oil. Remove steak from bag and season with pepper and 1/4 tsp salt; discard marinade. Brush both sides of zucchini with 1 tbsp safflower oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Transfer steak and zucchini to grill and cook for 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness of steak. Transfer steak to a cutting board. Continue cooking zucchini for 4 minutes more, turning occasionally, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, remaining 1/2 tsp Worcestershire and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Thinly slice steak and serve with zucchini and sour cream mixture.
Nutrients per serving (3 oz steak, 1/2 zucchini, 2 tbsp sour cream mixture): Calories: 205, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 6 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 27 g,
Sodium: 388 mg, Cholesterol: 65 mg