Cream Cheese S’mores
Photo: Maya Visnyei
By Lisa Turner
Hands-on time: 4 minutes
Total time: 5 to 7 minutes
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain cream cheese
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp dark cocoa powder (70% cocoa or greater)
- 12 natural graham crackers (TRY: Health Valley Organic Oat Bran Graham Crackers)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and honey; mix until smooth. Stir in cocoa powder and mix until almost completely blended, leaving a few white and brown streaks for presentation.
- Spread about 1 1/2 tsp cream cheese mixture onto each graham cracker. Arrange crackers on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until warm and soft.
- Remove crackers from oven and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs, dividing evenly, and serve warm. Enjoy open-faced or sandwich 2 crackers together for a more traditional treat.
Nutrients per serving (4 crackers and 5 tsp filling): Calories: 130, Total Fat: 5.5 g, Sat. Fat: 2.5 g, Carbs: 18 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Sodium: 85 mg, Cholesterol: 8 mg