Herbed New Potatoes
Photo: Jodi Pudge
By Jill Silverman Hough
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb small potatoes (red, white or a combination), halved
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 6 chives, chopped
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Place potatoes in steamer basket and bring water to a boil over high heat. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add parsley, chives, oil, salt and pepper and toss gently. Serve hot.
Nutrients per serving (4-oz Herbed New Potatoes): Calories: 140, Total Fat: 4.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 20 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 130 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Not having parsley or even chives on hand is no reason to pass on our potatoes. Simply experiment with rosemary, tarragon, basil or mint or even a dash of paprika for added flavor.