See this recipe in one of our meal plans!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 50 oz chicken and 8 cups medleyServings
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tbsp dried fennel seeds
- 2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (reserve rind)
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp plus 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8-lb whole chicken (giblets removed), rinsed and patted dry
- 3 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped to 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped to 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, chopped to 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped to 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine 1/3 cup rosemary, fennel seeds, 1 1/2 tsp pepper, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce and 2 tbsp oil.
- In a roasting pan, arrange chicken, breast side up. Gently slide fingers under skin and rub a thick layer of rosemary mixture, leaving skin on. Spread any remaining rosemary mixture and place rind of juiced lemon in chicken cavity. Roast chicken for 2 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in inner thigh reads 165°F. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Near end of roasting time, prepare medley: in a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 4 tsp oil. Add potatoes and remaining 2 tbsp rosemary and sauté for 5 minutes; cover and cook for 8 minutes more. Stir in onion, zucchini, yellow squash and remaining 1/2 tsp pepper. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until squash is softened.
- Serving Size: 5 oz chicken, 2 c medley
- Calories: 510
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 106 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 329 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g
- Trans Fat Content: 3 g