If you enjoyed this Moroccan Chickpea Salad, try our Moroccan Chickpea Stew!
Nutritional Bonus: Chickpeas contain the trace mineral molybdenum, which helps detoxify sulfites – a common preservative – from the body. Just 1 cup of chickpeas contains 164% of your recommended daily intake of this essential micronutrient.
- Prep Time
- 7 cupsServings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups BPA-free canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh cilantro and mint
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, carrot, onions, tomatoes, red pepper, cilantro, mint and feta.
- Pour lemon juice dressing over chickpea mixture and toss to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 254
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 204 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1 g