Turkey-Black Bean Soft Tacos
Photo: Edward Pond
By Julie O'Hara
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1/4 lb extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 15-oz can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp chunky low-sodium salsa
- 2 cups (packed) romaine lettuce, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Loosely wrap tortillas in foil, making 2 packets of 6 tortillas each. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add turkey and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes, breaking up meat as you go. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unwrap foil packets and place 2 tortillas on each of 6 plates. For each plate, distribute 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup beans, 3 tbsp salsa and 1/3 cup lettuce evenly between both tortillas. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (2 corn tortillas, 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup beans, 3 tbsp salsa, 1/3 cup lettuce):Calories: 276, Total Fat: 2.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 37 g, Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 28 g, Sodium: 343 mg, Cholesterol: 46 mg