Chicken Egg Rolls with Red Cabbage, Mango & Lime
Photo: Natalie Perry
By Robin Miller
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup peeled and diced mango
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on sheet and roast until cooked through and no longer pink inside, 25 to 30 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook brown rice according to package directions.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred meat from the bone, making 2-inch pieces. Combine chicken, cabbage, mango, rice, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce and sesame oil; mix well.
- Spoon mixture diagonally onto centers of wrappers, dividing evenly. Fold both short corners up and over filling. Fold 1 long corner to center; roll towards remaining corner. Transfer rolls to baking sheet, seam side down, and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrients per serving (2 egg rolls): Calories: 372, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 49 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein 33 g, Sodium 464 mg, Cholesterol: 72 mg