Greek Yogurt Cheesecakes with Quick Berry Compote
Photo: Maya Visnyei
By Cara Lyons
Love this greek yogurt cheesecake? Find more cheesecake recipes here.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 6 hours, 30 minutes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 packets stevia, divided
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp unsweetened plain almond milk
- 4 oz low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (TRY: FAGE Total 0%)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 packets stevia, or to taste
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Turn a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker on high. Coat 4 6-oz ramekins with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process oats, flour, cinnamon and 1 packet stevia until finely ground. Add oil and milk and pulse until mixture forms wet crumbs. Divide oat mixture among ramekins, pressing down with the back of a small spoon or your fingertips to cover bottoms. Transfer ramekins to slow cooker, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, honey and remaining 4 packets stevia with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add egg and egg white, and beat until just combined. Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat until just combined. Add yogurt and beat just until combined.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Spoon cheesecake batter into ramekins, dividing evenly. Carefully pour enough boiling water into bottom of slow cooker to reach about 1/2 inch up sides of ramekins. Decrease heat to low and drape a clean dish towel over the opening of slow cooker to prevent condensation from collecting on lid and falling into cheesecakes; place cover over top. Cook for 1 hour. (NOTE: Do not remove dish towel or lid while cooking.)
- Meanwhile, prepare compote: In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, 2 tbsp water, arrowroot powder and 2 packets stevia. Add berries and orange zest and place on high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer until berries soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Turn off slow cooker and let cheesecakes cool to room temperature, covered, for about 1 hour, 30 minutes. Remove ramekins from slow cooker and slide a thin knife around the edge of each cheesecake to loosen. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Carefully unmold cheesecakes with a knife and serve with compote, dividing evenly.
Nutrients per serving (1 cheesecake and 2 tbsp compote): Calories: 244, Total Fat: 11 g, Sat. Fat: 6 g, Carbs: 26 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 14 g, Protein: 10.5 g, Sodium: 133 mg, Cholesterol: 69 mg