Nutritional Bonus: Basil has been shown to possess both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties thanks to the volatile oils within its leaves. Components such as estragole, linalool, eugenol and limonene, to name a few, in the basil may help restrict the growth of bacteria.
Did you enjoy this virgin mojito recipe? Try this virgin raspberry bellini.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- large lime, cut into small wedges
- 1 tsp organic evaporated cane juice
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Ice, as desired
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish, optional
- Place basil, mint, lime and cane juice in the bottom of a large martini shaker. Using a wooden spoon, crush mixture until lime releases most of its juice and herbs are slightly bruised, about 2 minutes.
- Top with sparkling water and stir to com-bine. Fill 2 glasses with ice and divide mixture evenly among glasses. If desired, garnish with mint sprigs.
- Serving Size: 8 oz
- Calories: 30
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g