- 8 cremini mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 3½ tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 oz lump crabmeat (about ½ cup), picked over for shells
- 1 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp almond meal
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Brush mushrooms inside and out with 2 tbsp oil then place stemmed sides down on sheet. Roast until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet on medium-low, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add shallot, celery and 1/8 tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 2 minutes.
3. Stir crab, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt, black pepper and cayenne into shallot mixture.
4. Using tongs, carefully flip mushrooms over. Spoon about 2 tbsp crab mixture into each mushroom. Mix remaining 1/8 tsp salt into almond meal; sprinkle on mushrooms and drizzle with remaining ½ tbsp oil. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until warmed through and lightly toasted on top.