- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted walnuts
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz thin asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and cut into matchsticks or shredded
- 1 cup frozen petite or baby peas, thawed
- 8 oz whole-grain spaghetti (TRY: Jovial Whole Grain Einkorn Spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup grated or sliced Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a food processor, pulse basil, walnuts, garlic, ½ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl, until finely chopped. With processor running, slowly drizzle in oil, then ¼ cup water and blend until a chunky sauce forms.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add asparagus and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender-crisp and no liquid remains, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini, peas and remaining ½ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring frequently, until zucchini is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to pot.
- Add asparagus mixture and basil mixture to pasta and heat on low, stirring gently to coat. Gradually stir in reserved cooking water, 1 tbsp at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency. Divide among plates and top with Parmesan and lemon zest, dividing evenly.
Serving Size: 2 cups Calories: 493 Carbohydrate Content: 47 g Cholesterol Content: 9 mg Fat Content: 27 g Fiber Content: 8 g Protein Content: 18 g Saturated Fat Content: 5 g Sodium Content: 486 mg Sugar Content: 5 g Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 8 g