Clean Eating is launching its first-ever digital challenge, #GoClean45, on October 10th. As our nutrition coach for this health and happiness challenge, author and award-winning dietitian Kate Geagan, MS, RD, has created a super-powered six-week program with customizable meal plans, more than 50 recipes and a weekly roundup of essential clean-eating tips and insights to help you on your journey, such as this piece on gut health. Ready to change your health forever? Sign up here.
Gut health. It’s vital to our well-being, yet often overlooked or misunderstood!
For just a moment, think about how many amazing starring roles your gut plays when it comes to creating the life you want. Your gut can:
1. Digest the foods and beverages you consume without you having to think about it.
2. Unlock and absorb nutrients and energy from the food you eat.
3. Balance your blood sugar.
4. Provide a physical and immunological barrier, warding off pathogens and potential allergens.
5. Produce mood-regulating neurotransmitters like serotonin, which helps lift your mood and decrease stress levels.
6. Synthesize key vitamins and important hormones that signal your brain when you are hungry or full.
7. Pull and safely excrete waste from your body.
In #GoClean45, I outline 11 ways to optimize your diet for gut health. As a preview, watch this video to learn about the top three steps for better gut health:
For more on gut health, check out these Clean Eating stories:
Take the challenge, change forever! Sign up now for our 45-day preholiday transformation journey #GoClean45 with Kate Geagan and Gillian Mandich.