1. Shuck ears of corn.
2. Cook whole ears in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Quickly submerge ears in an ice bath.
4. Use a sharp knife to cut kernels off of cob.
5. Freeze corn kernels in a single layer on a baking sheet, so pieces freeze individually.
6. Then transfer to a resealable freezer bag, labelled with the date.
7. Freeze whole ears or snap them into smaller pieces for easier freezer storage and later use. Place ears into a resealable freezer bag, making sure to indicate the date frozen for easy reference.