Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Lightly dust work surface with whole-wheat flour.
2. Place dough ball onto floured surface. Using fingertips, flatten into a 6- to 8-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick.
3. Using a floured rolling pin, flatten dough in 1 direction, moving the rolling pin back and forth, to give you an oval shape.
4. Flip dough and rotate it clockwise a quarter turn, so the dough lies horizontally. Add flour to surface and dough, as needed, to prevent sticking and tearing. Roll again, back and forth, to even dough into a circle.
5. Repeat steps Three and Four until desired thickness and diameter are achieved