Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Remove and discard neck and giblets.
2. Rinse turkey and pat dry.
3. Place turkey breast-side up in a large roasting pan fitted with a rack. Gently lift skin covering each breast and tuck half of rosemary mixture under skin with your fingers.
4. Rub remaining rosemary mixture over turkey’s skin and coat lightly with cooking spray.
5. Fill neck cavity with our Mushroom & Leek Stuffing. Do not over-pack, as stuffing expands during cooking.
NOTE: Since you will remove the turkey skin before carving, rubbing the mixture over the skin will have a smaller effect on the overall flavor. But it will add beautiful aromatic notes to your home and a visual appeal when presenting your turkey at your holiday table.
6. Fill body cavity with stuffing.
7. Pull neck skin down over cavity opening. Firmly turn wings back to hold neck skin in place and stabilize turkey in roasting pan. If necessary, cover neck skin with foil to prevent stuffing from spilling out.
8. Cover opening with foil. Then proceed with Step Three of our Pomegranate-Glazed Stuffed Roast Turkey recipe!