Your #Clean14 Cheat Sheet
Below are the foods to focus on and those we’re taking a break from during the #Clean14 Challenge. Keep this list handy for easy reference.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
FOODS TO EMBRACE
- Organic grass-fed meats
- Sustainably caught seafood
- Organic eggs
- Vegetables and fruits*
- Nuts and seeds
- Fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, coconut water, kombucha)
- Healthy fats like olive, coconut and avocado oil (TRY: Dr. Bronner’s Fair Trade & Organic Virgin Coconut Oil)
- Raw honey and pure maple syrup (in moderate amounts) (TRY: Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Honey)
- Legumes (optional; if you suspect an intolerance, avoid or limit; also avoid to keep the plan Paleo-friendly)
FOODS TO AVOID
- Grains including wheat (bread, pasta, rice)
- Refined sugar (cane sugar, high-fructose corn syrup)
- Preservatives and additives
- Refined oils like corn oil and canola oil
- Alcohol (yes, even red wine!)
*Check the EWG’s Dirty Dozen list – vegetables and fruits that are important to buy organic (ewg.org).
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.