Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Chicken is not only packed with protein, but it is also one of the richest food sources of vitamin B3. Also known as niacin, vitamin B3 is a key nutrient in the metabolism of food into energy in the body.
2. Fresh lemongrass and coconut oil are two essential ingredients in Thai cooking that give this fast, easy and delicious tomato soup its authentic flavor.
Recipe:Thai-Inspired Tomato Soup
3. A traditional Korean dish made of fermented cabbage, onions and garlic, kimchi contains lactobacilli, healthy bacteria that has been shown to support the immune system.
4. A white-and-black duo of sesame seeds provide a dramatic color contrast, not to mention added flavor and crunch, to these Asian-inspired scallops.
5. Choosing whole grains over white–such as in these whole-grain pita pizzas–can provide a significant boost to your health. Whole grains have been shown to be associated with lower body weight as well as a decreased risk of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
Recipe: Sausage & Arugula Pita Pizzas
6. These satisfying wraps contain manganese-rich chickpeas. A trace mineral, manganese is necessary for bone health.
7. The colorful and hearty blend of black beans, corn, tomatoes, lime and cilantro enveloping the meatballs fills out this 20-minutes dish, plus it’s a unique take on salsa: It’s served warm!
Recipe:Southwest Meatball Skillet
8. A honeyed orange dressing adds sweet and tart notes to this veggie- and bean-packed salad with shrimp.
9. This healthier version of taco salad provides layers of flavor without the overload of calories and fat.
10. Sweet grilled pineapple, rich and creamy mashed avocado and fresh tomato slices impart amazing color, flavor and texture to these satisfying sandwiches.
11. Smoked paprika is a wonderful spice for adding smoky flavor to poultry, and we top it off with a tangy relish that uses one of summer’s jewels: apricots.
12. Sure to appear on your weekly menu over and over again, this simple-to-prepare stir-fry boasts incredible depth of flavor and is on the table in 15 to 20 minutes!
13. Zucchini sliced with a spiral maker creates long ribbons shaped like angel hair pasta – toss these noodles with our herbed no-cook marinara sauce to create a low-carb, wheat- and gluten-free pasta dish.
14. This soup is loaded with good-for-you tomatoes. Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that has been shown to be protective against certain types of cancer (particularly lung, stomach and prostate cancer). Tomatoes are also rich in immune-boosting and free radical-fighting vitamin C.
15. Ham, mushrooms, Dijon mustard and Swiss cheese give our newfangled mac & cheese exceptional flavor – and an exceptionally low calorie count (just 299)!