Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, florets only
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups diced Roma tomato
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and light green parts only
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Za’atar (TIP: Look for this traditional Middle Eastern and Mediterranean spice blend in the ethnic aisle of your grocery store or specialty spice markets.)
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup sultana raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted pistachios, chopped
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower into rice-sized pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and fold in cucumber, parsley, tomato, scallions and mint.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk lemon zest and juice, oil, salt, pepper, cumin, Za’atar and allspice.
- Pour dressing over top of cauliflower mixture and toss to coat. Fold in raisins and pistachios. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Salad will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrients per 1 1/2 cup serving: Calories: 167, Total Fat: 11 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 17 g, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium: 151 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg