Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 pitted green olives, rinsed and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (2 large or 4 small)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare chimichurri: In the bowl of a mini food processor or blender, combine olives, garlic, parsley, mint, 3 tbsp water, vinegar, oil, oregano and pepper flakes. Pulse until mixture is well combined but still chunky. Scrape mixture into a bowl, cover and let sit at room temperature while preparing chicken. (NOTE: Chimichurri can be made ahead and refrigerated in a covered bowl for up to 3 days. If made ahead, let chimichurri sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes before using.)
- Prepare chicken: Rinse chicken under cold running water then pat dry with paper towels. Place 1 chicken breast in a plastic bag or between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound gently to an even 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat with remaining chicken breast(s) then arrange them on a platter. Brush chicken on both sides with oil then season with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat a grill pan on medium-high. Grill chicken breasts for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through completely (no longer pink). Remove to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice breasts crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken on a serving platter or divide among 4 plates and drizzle with chimichurri. Serve warm.
Nutrients per serving (4 oz chicken and 3 tbsp chimichurri): Calories: 229, Total Fat: 11 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Carbs: 2 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 27 g, Sodium: 420 mg, Cholesterol: 65 mg