Mixed Pepper Slaw with Mango, Jicama & Cilantro Lime Dressing
This Mixed Pepper Slaw with Mango, Jicama & Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe is full of colorful bell peppers that are an excellent source of carotenoids.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange, or a combination), sliced into 3-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 Anaheim chile, seeded and sliced into 3-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 pasilla chile, seeded and sliced into 3-inch-long matchsticks
- 1/4 large jicama (about 4 oz), peeled and cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- 1/2 mango (about 4 oz), peeled and cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste, optional
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- 3 tbsp grape seed or safflower oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Prepare dressing: In a small food processor or blender, purée all dressing ingredients until smooth; refrigerate while preparing vegetables.
- Prepare slaw: To a large mixing bowl, add bell peppers, chiles, jicama and mango. Pour dressing over top and toss. Season with additional salt and pepper (if using).
Nutrients per serving (1 1/2 cups): calories: 172, total fat: 11 g, sat. fat: 1 g, monounsaturated fat: 2 g, polyunsaturated fat: 7 g, carbs: 19 g, fiber: 4 g, sugars; 9 g, protein: 2 g, sodium: 129 g, cholesterol: 0 g