Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Love pizza? Find more pizza recipes here.
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 cup BPA-free canned unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tomato purée (aka passata)
- 4 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Sriracha sauce, or to taste, optional
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1-lb pizza crust of your choice (whole-wheat, gluten-free or cauliflower)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup peeled and julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Arrange oven rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 425°F.
- Prepare vegetable sauce: In a small saucepan, combine potato, chickpeas, milk, tomato purée and curry paste. Add about 1⁄4 cup water, or as needed, so that potatoes are just covered by 1⁄2 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 12 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Using a fork or wooden spoon, gently mash potatoes and chickpeas in pot until chunky. Cook, stirring frequently, for another 2 minutes until thickened. Season with lime juice, Sriracha (if using), salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Top crust evenly with vegetable sauce, half of cheese, cauliflower, carrot, peas and then remaining half of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and crust is golden. Top with cilantro before serving.
Nutrients Per Serving (1/8 of pizza with whole-wheat crust): Calories: 221, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 29 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 10.5 g, Sodium: 436 mg, Cholesterol: 8 mg