Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz organic firm silken tofu
- 3 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (TRY:Tessemae’s All Natural Hot Sauce/Wing Sauce)
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions, light green parts only
- In a wide deep skillet or saucepan, add chicken and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover with lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend tofu, cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar, hot sauce and milk until smooth; stop to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add parsley, onion powder, dill, garlic powder and cayenne (if using) and blend to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. With 2 forks, finely shred chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over top. Add blue cheese and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar and bake until bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve with whole-grain chips or sliced vegetables.
Nutrients per serving (1/3 cup): Calories: 108, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 2 g, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugars: 0.5 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium: 182 mg, Cholesterol: 31 mg