Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Try this Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe.
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt, divided
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 6-oz chicken breast, sliced in half crosswise
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (Napa, green or red cabbage)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 whole-grain buns, split
- Into 2 separate shallow dishes, place ¼ cup yogurt and panko. Dip chicken in yogurt then dip in panko, turning to coat both sides. Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and no longer pink inside, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining yogurt, vinegar and maple syrup. Add cabbage and cranberries, tossing to coat. Divide chicken and cabbage mixture between buns.
Nutrients per serving (1 sandwich):Calories: 308, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 41 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 25 g, Sodium: 309 mg, Cholesterol: 50 mg
TIP:When shopping for breads, have a look at their weights before purchasing – opt for sliced breads that are about 1 oz per slice, and rolls and roti that are about 1½ to 2 oz each. This will help keep your overall calorie and sodium content low.