Greek Salad with Grilled Salmon
Loaded with vitamin B12, protein and omega-3 fatty acids, this salad from Curtis Stone is the perfect high-energy lunch. For a chilled grilled salmon salad, grill the salmon four hours ahead of time and refrigerate.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more salmon recipes, see 15 Succulent Salmon Recipes.
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, 5- to 6-oz each
- 1 tbs olive oil plus more for brushing grill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 12 oz assorted heirloom tomatoes (about 4 small), cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead, stored airtight at room temperature; re-whisk before using. For a chilled grilled salmon salad, salmon can be grilled 4 hours ahead, cooled, covered, and refrigerated.
To prepare salmon:
- Heat grill to medium-high. Curtis Stone recommends using his Curtis Stone Indoor Grill.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Rub 1 tbs oil and dried oregano over salmon to coat. Once grill is smoking hot, brush grill with oil and immediately place salmon at 2-o’clock position on grill. Grill for 4 mins without lifting or turning salmon. This will help give salmon a good sear of nice grill marks and make it easier to move.
- Starting at corner of salmon nearest to you, slide a long spatula under salmon, turn it over, and cook until salmon is mostly opaque, with a rosy center when pierced in thickest part.
To make Greek salad:
- In a medium bowl, place vinegar. Slowly add oil and whisk continually to blend. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and onions with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide salad among 4 plates. Crumble feta cheese over salads. Top each salad with a salmon fillet. Sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle some vinaigrette over salmon and serve.