Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 100% apple juice
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large tart green apple (such as Granny Smith or Pippin)
- 1 oz arugula leaves (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
Swap apple slices for orange slices (peeled) in our fruit carpaccio for a juicy twist on taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together shallot, vinegar, juice, oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut apple crosswise (through core) into thin slices, discarding seeds. Arrange apple slices on a platter and drizzle with about half of dressing.
- Add arugula to bowl with remaining dressing and toss. Arrange arugula on top of apples, top with goat cheese and serve.
Nutrients per serving (1/4 apple, 1/2 cup arugula, 1 tbsp dressing, 1/2 tbsp crumbled cheese): Calories: 60, Total Fat: 3.5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 5 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 135 mg, Cholesterol: 5 mg
If you prefer, you can core the apple before cutting it crosswise into thin slices to avoid the seed casings.