Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Learn about the health benefits of zucchini here.
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 4 slabs
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise into 4 slabs
- 10 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 2 tbs good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
To grill vegetables:
- Heat grill to medium-high. Curtis Stone recommends using his Curtis Stone Indoor Grill.
- Lightly coat zucchini, squash, and asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill zucchini and squash for about 3 mins on each side, and asparagus for about 2 mins total, or until they are slightly charred and cooked through but still crisp-tender. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board.
- Cut asparagus spears in half lengthwise then crosswise, and cut zucchini and squash on bias into large bite-size pieces.
To make avocado dressing:
In a medium bowl, whisk half of diced avocado with vinegar, breaking up avocado lightly to create a creamy texture. Slowly drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil while whisking to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently toss grilled vegetables and arugula with enough dressing to coat. Fold in remaining diced avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mound salad on plates and serve any remaining dressing on side.