Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Makes: 32 rollatini
Hands-on time: 45 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened raisins
- 6 medium to large zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise (2 lb)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shelled, toasted, unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, add raisins and cover with warm water. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium. Working in batches, lightly mist both sides of zucchini slices with cooking spray. Grill for about 3 minutes per side, until softened and lightly charred. Remove and let cool.
- Drain raisins and roughly chop. Add raisins to a medium bowl with goat cheese, pistachios, lemon juice and zest and mint. Stir and season with pepper.
- Place 1 slice zucchini on a work surface. Spread 1 tsp goat cheese mixture onto zucchini, then roll up securely. Transfer to a serving platter, standing up or seam side down (they will stay closed on their own). Repeat with remaining zucchini and goat cheese mixture. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Do not chill for more than a couple of hours.
Nutrients per rollatini: Calories: 42, Total Fat: 2.5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsatruated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 3 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 29 mg, Cholesterol: 3 mg
Love zucchini? Try this recipe, too!