Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 14 oz firm pressed tofu, sliced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 12 1/2 cups chopped kale (about 16 oz)
- 2 small field-grown cucumbers, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 500ºF. Mist a ceramic 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add tofu and set aside.
- In a blender, blend garlic, vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger and sesame oil until smooth, about 1 minute. Remove ¼ cup mixture and pour over top of tofu. Toss to combine and spread evenly in dish. Bake, turning 3 to 4 times, until golden and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to remaining mixture in blender, add flaxseeds and process until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- In a large bowl, add kale and pour vinegar-flaxseed mixture over top. With your hands, massage kale to coat thoroughly until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cucumbers, carrots, scallions, bell pepper, cabbage and edamame and toss to combine. Add tofu and toss to combine. To serve, top with sesame seeds.
Nutrients per serving (3 cups Asian Kale & Tofu Salad mixture and 1 tsp sesame seeds): Calories: 341, Total Fats: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Carbs: 46 g, Fiber: 11 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 22 g, Sodium: 374 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Can’t find pressed tofu? Press it yourself with our easy three-step method! Simply wrap firm tofu in a clean dish towel and transfer to a plate. Place another plate over tofu and top with one or two heavy cans. Let sit for 1 to 8 hours.