Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 pkg shirataki fettuccine noodles (226 g/7 to 8 oz), rinsed under cold water
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 pieces baby bok choy (halved if larger than your palm)
- 3 whole green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped or shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, leaves torn from stems
- Sriracha hot sauce, optional
- Low-sodium tamari, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil on medium-high heat. Add noodles and cook for about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, remove noodles from broth and divide among serving bowls.
- Add pepper and bok choy to broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 1 minute or until softened.
- Meanwhile, top noodles with green onions, chicken and cilantro, dividing evenly. With slotted spoon, remove pepper and bok choy from broth and divide among bowls. Top each with broth. If desired, serve with Sriracha and tamari, to taste.
Nutrients per serving (about 3 cups): Calories: 171, Total Fat: 4 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 13 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 26 g, Sodium: 304 mg, Cholesterol: 33 mg