Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups couscous
- 8 small red potatoes, cut into halves, or 4 large red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 6-oz pouches or cans unsalted water-packed tuna
- 1/2 lb frozen green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Over medium-high heat, bring a medium-size pan filled with water to boil. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, mix together tuna, green beans, olives and potatoes. Once couscous is cooked, mix it into tuna-vegetable mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and zest, Dijon, onion, garlic, vinegar, oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over tuna-couscous mixture.
- Heat large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-high, mist pan with cooking spray and saute tuna-couscous mixture for about 5 minutes or until thoroughly warmed. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (1 cup Tuna Niçoise Casserole): Calories: 430, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 70 g, Fiber: 11 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 25 g, Sodium: 350 mg, Cholesterol: 15 mg