Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
For another easy kale salad recipe, see Kale Salad with Blueberry Ginger Dressing.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic butter (from grass fed milk is preferable)
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 medium oranges, zested, cut into segments
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 10-ounce bunch kale, trimmed, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 4 beets steamed or canned, drained, sliced (about 14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios or walnuts, chopped
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, butter, ginger, honey, orange zest stir often until the mixture becomes fragrant and the orange zest begins to brown.
- Add the kale, using a small metal lid, press the kale down and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally and continuing to press down with the lid until the kale wilts.
- Transfer to a large platter and top with beets, orange segments and pistachios and walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (serving size: 2 cups): Calories: 223, Total Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 30 g, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 6 g, Sodium: 115 mg