Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Makes: 8 cups
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup pre-sliced sun-dried tomatoes (about 12 halves), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 oz spinach (2 packed cups), roughly chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast
In a 2-qt pot on high heat, add broth. Then add onion, tomatoes and thyme. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in peas, spinach and chicken. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per 2-cup serving: Calories: 277, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 17 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 41 g, Sodium: 348 mg, Cholesterol: 89 mg
Nutritional Bonus: Sun-dried tomatoes should be a pantry staple in every clean-eating kitchen. It takes 20 pounds of fresh tomatoes to make 1 pound of the dried variety. All the benefits of tomatoes, like cancer-fighting lycopene and the antioxidant cocktail of vitamins C, A and beta-carotene are packed into a concentrated package.