Chef of Miami's Lifefood Gourmet and self-proclaimed "health motivator" John Schott shares a quick and easy chutney recipe that'll liven up all sorts of dishes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1/4 avocado, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, optional
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or sun-dried sea salt, or to taste
- In a food processor, process mango into a chunky paste. Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture is thick and chunky.
Nutrients per serving (1/4 cup): Calories: 69, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 7 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 0 g, Sodium: 242 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Serve this simple chutney on your favorite salads, with ceviche or on whole-grain crackers!