Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 fresh medium pineapple, cored, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp organic crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 4 to 6 ice cubes
- Fresh mint, chopped, optional
- Place mango and pineapple on a large baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Process frozen mango and pineapple along with ginger, milk, honey and ice in a blender until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of blender jar. (Add more liquid or let mixture settle for a few minutes if you prefer a thinner consistency.) Serve immediately, garnishing with mint, if desired.
Nutrients per 1-cup serving: Calories: 104, Total Fat: 0 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 26 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 21 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 34 mg, Cholesterol: 1 mg.
Nutritional Bonus: With almost 72% of your day’s vitamin C quota in 1 cup, these shakes are just as perfect as a morning wake-you-up smoothie as they are an after-meal sweet indulgence.