Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Try these almond, bean & grain burgers.
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans unsalted chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup natural unsalted tahini (TRY: Once Again Natural Tahini)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, garlic, egg, panko, spinach, green onions, tahini, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, salt, cumin and coriander. Pulse until almost smooth. (NOTE: Do not over-mix; leave a few chunks of chickpeas in mixture.) Transfer mixture to a large bowl and fold in peppers, feta and olives.
- Shape mixture into 6 equal patties and transfer to baking sheet, flattening each patty slightly. Bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown.
TIP: Serve with out exclusive Tahini Lemon Dressing!
Nutrients Per Serving (1 patty): Calories: 380, Total Fat: 19 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Carbs: 40.5 g, Fiber: 10 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 16 g, Sodium: 746 mg, Cholesterol: 42 mg