Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 baking potatoes (such as Russet), peeled and diced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 26.46-oz box diced tomatoes (TRY: Pomi Chopped Tomatoes)
- 12 oz frozen artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced roasted red peppers, packed in water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 4 large eggs
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add potatoes, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes with juices, artichokes, red peppers and 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in parsley. Carefully crack eggs into skillet over top of potato mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until eggs are just set. Garnish with additional parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (1 cup potato mixture and 1 egg): Calories: 241, Total Fat: 8.5 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 32 g, Fiber: 13 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 13 g, Sodium: 308 mg, Cholesterol: 212 mg