Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
If you enjoyed this purple sweet potato recipe, try these sweet potato sides.
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes or ground red pepper spice
- 2 medium purple sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup canned whole kernel corn (no sugar added), drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 tbsp low-sodium salsa
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, egg white, flour, salt, black pepper and red pepper. Mix in potatoes, corn and onions.
- Mist a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add 1/4 cup potato mixture to pan and, using a spatula, gently press into a patty. Repeat with remaining batter. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, top each patty with 1 tbsp salsa and/or a dollop of yogurt and dig in.
Nutrients per purple sweet potato latke, (includes 1 tbsp salsa and 1 tbsp yogurt): Calories: 100, Total Fat: 1.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 15 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 6 g, Sodium: 310 mg, Cholesterol: 45 mg