Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 Cara Cara orange
- 1 Rio Star grapefruit, or pink or red grapefruit
- 1 blood orange
- 2 satsuma mandarin oranges
- 1 cocktail citrus
- 1 ugli fruit (Jamaican tangelo)
- 4 kumquats, peels washed well, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced, removing any seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Using a knife, or by hand, remove peels from Cara Cara orange, grapefruit, blood orange and satsuma oranges. Pull apart sections, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl.
- Using a knife, cut away peel of cocktail citrus and ugli fruit. Then, using a paring knife, cut in between membranes to remove fruit segments. Add segments to bowl. Add kumquats and mint.
- Toss to combine and refrigerate for about 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per 1-cup citrus salad: Calories: 148, Total Fat: 0.2 g, Saturated Fat: <0.1g, Carbs: 36 g, Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 9 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg