Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews (1 oz)
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 6 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup peeled, pitted and finely diced mango
- 1/2 cup peeled and finely chopped jicama
- 2 tbsp dry-roasted unsalted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Heat a small skillet (nonstick or not) on medium-low. Add cashews and toast, shaking pan occasionally, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine avocados and yogurt and mash with a potato masher or fork until nearly smooth. Stir in lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Transfer cashews and cranberries to a cutting board and chop roughly. Add to avocado mixture and stir to combine. Stir in mango, jicama and pepitas. Place plastic wrap directly over surface and refrigerate until needed, for up to 3 or 4 days.
Nutrients per 1/4-cup serving: Calories: 107, Total Fat: 7 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 9 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 108 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Serving Tip: Slice your favorite corn or whole-wheat tortillas into wedges, arrange on a baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Serve with our Sweet & Crunchy Guacamole!
Seasonal Switch: During winter months, try using pomegranate seeds in place of dried unsweetened cranberries! The seeds add a similarly satisfying tinge of tartness and a varied texture.