Hands-on time: 5 minutes.
Total time: 45 minutes.
- 12 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), chopped
- 1 cup unsalted raw almond pieces, toasted
- 1 cup unsweetened dried sour cherries
- 1/4 cup organic crystallized ginger*, chopped
- Pinch coarse sea salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth and melted, about 5 minutes. Pour melted chocolate onto prepared baking sheet, spreading with an offset spatula to about 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle evenly with almonds, cherries, ginger and salt. Chill until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. Peel off foil and break chocolate into pieces. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Best served slightly chilled.
Nutrients per serving (1-oz chocolate bark): Calories: 190, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 4.5 g, Carbs: 25 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium 12 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Nutritional Bonus: Numerous studies have found that dark chocolate is a potent antioxidant and, when eaten in moderation (no more than about 1 oz per day), helps fight damaging free radicals, which can ward off signs of aging.