Thanksgiving Grilled Cheese
A quick and easy cranberry sauce gives our turkey grilled cheese a Thanksgiving feel — and it definitely takes a fraction of the time than your traditional holiday feast.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
- 2 thin slices pumpernickel bread, divided
- 2 oz roasted, boneless, skinless turkey breast, sliced
- 1/2 oz low-fat brie cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 small green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice
- Prepare cranberry sauce: In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, 1/2 cup water and cane juice. Place on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. (Makes 1/2 cup sauce. Save leftover sauce for another sandwich or as a dressing for chicken or turkey.)
- Spread 1 tbsp cranberry sauce on 1 slice of bread. Add turkey, cheese, spinach and apple; top with remaining slice of bread. Place sandwich in a hot panini press and grill until bread toasts and cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrients per Thanksgiving Grilled Cheese sandwich: Calories: 273, Total Fat: 4 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 35 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 24 g, Sodium: 425 mg, Cholesterol: 55 mg