Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Onion might be the hardest working vegetable in your kitchen. You probably use it almost every day to add pungent spice and sweet caramelized goodness to a variety of dishes from stir-frys to soup to pasta sauce to your morning fritatta.
Need inspiration to add more onion to your life? Onions are packed with allicin, flavonoids and antioxidants that can reduce inflammation, promote a healthy heart and may even reduce your risk of cancer. Isn’t it time you learned how to quickly and safely slice and dice one?
Check out this video from Clean Eating Academy instructor, Chef James Smith!
Learn how to cook the way nature intended. Register now for our Intro to Clean Cooking & Nutrition course!
How to slice an onion the right way
Recipes featuring onions:
- French Onion Soup with Bacon & Cheesy Baguette
- Vegetable Socca with Carmelized Onion
- Roast Turkey with Sage, Onions & Red Wine Gravy
- Parchment-Baked Halibut with Fennel, Red Onions & Olives
- Black-Eyed Pea & Onion Fritters
Find more recipes with onions here.