3-Ingredient Glass Cleaner
Get rid of the store-bought spray and learn how to make your own glass cleaner using a trio of natural disinfectants.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
It’s time to ditch the blue stuff – and the respiratory toxins, hormone-disrupting chemicals and skin irritants that come along with it. For this DIY glass cleaner, we replace nasty chemicals with white vinegar for a streak-free shine for windows and mirrors, but let’s face it – the stuff stinks! So we sweetened the smell with an infusion of lavender and lemon for an invigorating floral-citrus scent that makes cleaning all the more enjoyable.
Pretty-in-Pink Glass Cleaner
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar, divided
- 1/3 cup dried lavender buds
- 2 small Mason jars and lids
- 1 spray bottle
See also 3 Homemade Toxin-Free Spring Cleaners.
1. To a small Mason jar, add lemon peels and cover with 3/4 cup vinegar. Close jar with lid.
2. To another small Mason jar, add dried lavender buds and cover with remaining 3/4 cup vinegar. Close jar with lid.
See alsoHow to Make Your Own Multipurpose Cleaner.